- Node.js standard library including Streams, Buffers and HTTP servers
- How to create, deploy and distribute Node.js applications
- Workflow automation with Gulp and Grunt task runners
- Interacting with NoSQL databases like MongoDB
- The basics of building a real-time web application in the Express.JS framework
- Learn how to use Node.JS in conjunction with a SQL database
- Learn how to build and deploy RESTFUL API with Express.js and MongoDB
Topics and Subtopics
Here is the list of topics and subtopics covered in this course.
I. Refresher and Installation
1. Lexical Structure
7. Arrow Functions
11. Template Literals
b. Difference between Node.js and browser environment for running JS
c. Setup and installation guide
II. Intro to Node.js
a. Overview of Functional Programming
- Asynchronous programming and callbacks
- Async and Await
- The Event Loop
d. What is Node.js? Why does Node.js exist?
e. What is NPM?
f. Fundamental concepts of Node.js
g. Error Handling
III. Intro to Express.js
a. What is Express.js?
b. Features of Express.js
c. Express.js Installation
d. Express.js Fundamental Concepts
- REST API & HTTP Methods
- Database Connectivity
- Error Handling
IV. Intro to MongoDB
a. What are NoSQL databases?
b. Refresher on Promises
c. What is MongoDB? Why use MongoDB?
e. Fundamentals of MongoDB
- Dealing with Data
- CRUD Operations
V. Project 1- Building RESTFUL API Using Express and MongoDB
VI. Project 2- User Authentication System [MongoDB]
VII. Project 3- User Authentication System [SQL]
Complete Training Bundle
Private Tutoring Classes
To take skills you learn from this course to the next level, taking the following tutoring classes are highly recommended. It is also a great opportunity to discuss your questions and problems related to this course with an experienced instructor:
What Is Next?
After finishing this course, you can enroll in any of following classes:
Recommended Free Courses
If you are new to the IT or programming, we suggest the following free courses: