In this course you learn how to secure blockchain applications. This course covers all practical aspects of blockchain security that exist in the blockchain environment today. This course provides a detailed overview of all blockchain security issues, including threats, risk mitigation, node security integrity, confidentiality, best security practices, advanced blockchain security and more.
Existing architects, software developers, system and network administrators who are responsible for implementing, identifying, and managing security on their blockchain network. Also, those who are responsible for, and are required to mitigate, recognize, and resolve blockchain security problems.
By finishing this course, you can take away the following:
- Identifying and differentiating between security threats and attacks on a blockchain network.
- Discussing blockchain security approaches, best practices, risk mitigation, and more.
- Reviewing all known or emerging cyber-attacks on the Blockchain.
- Performing blockchain network security risk analysis.
- Understanding of blockchain’s inherent security features and risks.
- Learning best security practices for blockchain system/network administrators.
- Demonstrating appropriate blockchain data safeguarding techniques.
Topics and Subtopics
Here is the list of topics and subtopics that are covered in this course:
1. Overview of Blockchain
- Core Components
- Network (public vs. private, permissioned vs. permissionless)
- Working of Blockchain
- Shared Ledger
- Public/Private Key
- Hash Function
- Smart Contracts
2. Overview of Ethereum
- Understanding Ethereum Blockchain
- Understanding Transaction Gas and Miners
- How Ethereum Transactions works
- Lab on Ethereum Blockchain and Smart Contracts
3. Overview of Hyperledger Fabric
- Understanding Hyperledger Fabric Blockchain
- Understanding Asset and Ledger
- How Hyperledger Fabric Transactions works
- Lab on Hyperledger fabric Blockchain and Smart Contracts
4. Foundational Blockchain Security
- Hash Function
- Public Key Cryptography
- Eliptic Curve Cryptography
5. Advanced Cryptographic Techniques and Methods
- Zero-knowledge Proofs
- Stealth Addresses
- Ring Signatures
- Confidential Signatures
6. Network-related Vulnerabilities, Attacks and defense
- Network attacks
- 51% attack
- Eclipse attacks
- Replay attacks
- Routing attacks
- Sybil attacks
- Node attacks
- Miner exploits
7. User-related Vulnerabilities, attacks and defense
- Wallet considerations
- Hot vs. cold (hardware wallet)
- Best practices
- User Attacks
- Air Drops and Hard Fork Scams
- Fake Wallets
- Fake Sites
- Wallet Exploits
8. System/Process-related Vulnerabilities, attacks and Defenses
- Verge Attacks
- Pigeoncoin Hack
- SPV Mining Exploit
9. Smart Contract-related Vulnerabilities, attacks and defenses
- Primer on Solidity and smart contracts – Ethereum
- Regulatory Drivers
- Characteristics and Programming
- Smart Contract Audit Considerations
- Top attack techniques
- Access control
- Default visibility
- Integer overflow and underflow
- Unchecked return
- Timestamp manipulation
- Bad randomness
- Front running
- Denial of services
- Short address
- Coding analysis
- Control flow analysis
- Error handling
- State management
- Dynamic code analysis
- Manual code analysis
- Automated code analysis
- Best practices for smart contracts
10. Security of Alternative DLT Architectures
- CIntroduction to DAG-Based DLTs
- Advantages of DAG-Based DLTs
- Limitations of DAG-Based DLTs
Good knowledge of blockchain technology and cybersecurity concepts
- Learn Node.JS, Express.JS and MongoDB
- Introduction to Linux OS
- Intro to Linux Bash Scripting
- Linux Management for System Admins
Complete Training Bundle
If you are serious about becoming a pro blockchain specialist, you should enroll in our Complete Blockchain Development Training. This bundle covers all essential and practical topics related to blockchain design and development. For $290 monthly subscription, you can have access to 300+ hours of hands-on project-based training covering all courses related to blockchain technology like Hyperledger, Ethereum, Solidity, Blockchain Security, Corda R3 and more. Click here to learn more.
Private Tutoring Classes
To take skills you learn from this course to the next level, taking the following tutoring classes are highly recommended. It is also a great opportunity to discuss your questions and problems related to this course with an experienced instructor:
- Private tutoring sessions for blockchain design and development - Weekly and monthly plans
- Blockchain cybersecurity- Private tutoring sessions
What Is Next?
After finishing this course, you can enroll in any of following classes:
- Blockchain Management in Hyperledger for System Admins
- Hyperledger Fabric and Composer for Developers
- Learn Solidity Programming by Examples
- Introduction to Ethereum Blockchain Development
- Learn Blockchain Dev with Corda R3
- Intro to Hyperledger Sawtooth for System Admins
Recommended Free Courses
If you are new to the IT or programming, we suggest the following free courses:
Here is the list of related courses:
Learn Ethereum blockchain development by hands-on examples
Learn Ethereum blockchain development through hands-on projects
Hyperledger Fabric V2 blockchain development for developers
Everything you need to know about Hyperledger Fabric development
Jim Sullivan- MS, MBA and IBM Master Instructor
Jim is a senior blockchain consultant and developer at DC Web Makers. He has a Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering and a Master’s Degree in Computer Science along with an MBA. He has been a practicing software engineer for 20 years. Currently, at DC Web Makers, he leads an expert team in Blockchain development, DevOps, Cloud, application development, and the SAFe Agile methodology. He is an IBM Master Instructor. He is a Blockchain professional, and a MultiChain partner. He is also an expert in HyperLedger, Ethereum, Corda, and is architecting and developing Blockchain-based web products. He has also taught blockchain courses for companies such as O’Reilly Media. His other skills are as follows:
- Amazon Web Services (AWS) partner, and administrator.
- Multichain, Corda, Hyperledger Blockchain partner.
- HealthCare Blockchain Certified
- Certified Scaled Agile Program Consultant (SAFe SPC): Certified by the Scaled Agile Institute.
- Certified SAFe DevOps
- Perl Developer, Java developer, Java web developer, and .NET developer
- Node.JS, PHP, Oracle and MySQL development and administration.
- WebSphere, Tomcat, Wicket, JBoss developer.
- Certified Scrum Master: Certified by the Scrum Alliance and Certified Scrum Professional: Certified by the Scrum Alliance.
- ALM Disciplines: Requirements, Change Management, Development, and Quality.
- Certified Tool Expertise: UrbanCode, IBM Team Concert, DOORS Next Gen, IBM Quality Manager, ClearCase, ClearQuest, Jira, Rally, SVN, Maven, Hudson/Jenkins, Guacamole, UrbanCode, Chef, Puppet.
- Certified VMWare Technical Professional.
- Linux and Windows Administration
Here is the list of related courses: